SZS COVID Procedures
COVID Procedures last reviewed/updated: April 25, 2022. Call 306-975-3395 for more information. The following will be in effect as of April 1, 2022
- For general information about visiting the zoo (including COVID requirements for zoo guests), please visit the Saskatoon Forestry Farm & Zoo Website
- SZS follows Saskatchewan Health and City of Saskatoon guidelines and as such changes may occur from time to time so we will update as soon as we can.
- Saskatoon Zoo Society staff are required to be fully vaccinated.
- Some animal interactions may be limited and some animals may not be on display.
- Masks are required during all indoor, animal interactions.
- Masks are recommended in all indoor spaces at the zoo.
- Program participants are welcome to wear masks in all areas of the zoo.
For School Groups
- ONE class allowed in the building at any one time (maximum 30 students from the SAME class + 4 adults in the building).
- Classroom is limited to 30 students and 1 teacher/adult. Additional adults will be asked to wait in another classroom until we do the outdoor switch (if applicable).
- We are limited to 15 students when working with the animals, so classes of 30 or less will be split in two when required.
For PD Days, Camp, or other Groups
- Campers must wear masks at all times during indoor programming, except when seated and eating.