SZS COVID Procedures
COVID Procedures last reviewed/updated: October 2023. Call 306-975-3395 for more information. The following will be in effect as of October 1st, 2023.
- For general information about visiting the zoo (including COVID requirements for zoo guests), please visit the Saskatoon Forestry Farm & Zoo Website
- SZS follows Saskatchewan Health and City of Saskatoon guidelines and as such changes may occur from time to time so we will update as soon as we can.
- Saskatoon Zoo Society staff are required to be fully vaccinated.
- Some animal interactions may be limited.
- Masks are not required outdoors at the zoo.
- Program participants and Zoo patrons are welcome to wear masks in all areas of the zoo if they wish.
For School Groups
- Classrooms are limited to 1 class at a time with 1 teacher and up to 4 additional adult supervisors (unless additional EA support is required). Additional adults will be asked to wait in another classroom until we do the outdoor switch (if applicable).
- We are limited to half the class when working with animals, so we will be splitting the class in half during the animal portion of your booked program. For groups of 18 or less, we will keep the class together.
- Masks are required for some animal interactions during booked programming. WE will provide a mask IF necessary during any of our programs.
Note: If you have students who won’t wear a mask, you have some options for your program:
1. we can remove the mammal interaction from your program
2. the student(s) that wish to not wear a mask can wait in the hall until we are done with that species and rejoin the class later.
For PD Days, Camp, or other Groups
- We ask that campers bring a mask if they have one they prefer to wear. Otherwise, we will provide the mask when required. Campers will be required to mask up during some animal visitations. During the majority of the camp, the children will be free to remove their mask.