Interpretive Train Operator (Zoo Train Driver)
The Interpretive Train Operator provides a narrated educational and engaging experience while safely transporting Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park & Zoo guests around the park on the “Zoo Train”.
Part-time casual. Most suitable for retirees, students, or those looking to supplement other part-time jobs. The train runs 7 days per week beginning in mid-June to Labour Day. Each shift is 3-4 hours (morning, afternoon, early evening).
· Strong and engaging voice – able to speak loudly, clearly and with enthusiasm.
· Friendly and personable – enjoy interacting with families and children.
· Good memory – must be able to memorize the script
· Enjoy/able to be outside for entire shift.
o Provide an acceptable Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sectors Search
o Have a valid Driver’s license and provide an acceptable driver’s abstract.
o Fluent in English – able to speak in public, enunciate clearly and present with enthusiasm.
What You’ll Do:
· Safely operate the Train along provided route (operator training and route provided)
· Keep statistics of rider numbers and report to Office
· Keep the train clean and free of debris.
· Follow agreed upon maintenance procedures (e.g. daily logs for pre/post inspection of train).
· Provide interpretive commentary about the zoo and animals (script provided). Provide any other requested commentary or updates to riders (e.g – event or sponsor specific).
· Support those with mobility requirements getting on and off the train (train is equipped with ramp)
Please apply on our online form by May 30, 2022 – https://airtable.com/shrd0Rj2aZ1PilZ70
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 per hour