Work for the Saskatoon Zoo Society this summer!
The Saskatoon Zoo Society is potentially looking for up to 2 summer interpreters to work with our education programs in May and June and then work as a camp counsellor for July and August. This job requires experience working with children. Experience working with children in a camp setting or within a school setting (even if volunteer) is a huge asset. These positions start on Tuesday, May 23rd and run until Friday, August 25th. These positions are potentially grant-funded and, therefore, a few stipulations apply, so please read below carefully before applying:
- You must be registered in a post-secondary school full-time for the
2017-2018 school year.
- You must have been registered and attended school full-time in the
2016-2017 school year.
- You must be between 16 and 30 years of age (due to the early start date of this position, high school students are unable to apply)
- You must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Foreign students are not eligible)
- You must be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
- You must be available Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. (there may be an exception on Friday, June 16th where you would be working 11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.) Two overnight shifts are required (one on Thursday, July 20th and one on Thursday, August 17th). One Sunday shift (July 16th) is also a requirement. All other weekends and statutory holidays are yours to enjoy!
- As these positions may be grant funded, we do not allow for holiday time off during the work contract (May 23rd-Aug. 25th).
- You must be able to present a current (within 6 months) police security check with the vulnerable sector search in the event you get an interview.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO firstname.lastname@example.org attention: Kathleen.
Deadline for resumes is April 13th, 2017. Interviews will start immediately following the deadline. These positions are pending grant funding.