What We Do
The Saskatoon Zoo Society is a volunteer-driven, non-profit, environmental education organization, dedicated to fostering respect for nature.
Our current fundraising objectives:
- Support for our numerous educational programs
We encourage you to become a member of the Saskatoon Zoo Society. Members receive early registration perks, our ZooNews newsletter, and an opportunity to have a say in your society at the AGM. All memberships support the Saskatoon Zoo Society’s education programs. We thank you in advance for your support!
Education Programs and Events include:
Discovery Tour Program
Grade One Program
Full Day Programs
Children’s Zoo & Discovery Centre Interpretive Program
Biofact Box Interpretive Program
Young Naturalists’ Program
Zoo Crew PD Day Programs
Winter Zoo Camp
Animal Antics Pre-School Program (spring and fall sessions)
Bio-Bits Zoo Camps
Explore our website for details.
Each year the staff and volunteers of the Saskatoon Zoo Society conduct over 500 education programs and special events. There is something for everyone.
The purpose of the Saskatoon Zoo Society shall be:
- to provide educational opportunities based around the wildlife at the Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park and Zoo
- to operate exclusively as a not-for-profit organization without purpose of monetary gain for its members.
The objectives of the Saskatoon Zoo Society are:
- to increase, communicate and promote knowledge and appreciation of wildlife, conservation, eco-systems, and the environment.
- to promote and engage in zoological conservation and research projects.
- to enhance awareness about the Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park and Zoo and support special events in order to enhance the experience and educational component for visitors.
- to collaborate with the Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park and Zoo on the interpretive component of new and existing enclosure development.
- to collaborate with and support other organizations with similar objectives in order to stimulate and maintain an interest in animals among the public through special projects.
- to raise funds for educational purposes.
(Objectives taken from the 1984 constitution of the Saskatoon Zoo Society. Updated March 25, 2018)