THANKS! ALL POSITIONS ARE NOW FILLED FOR 2016.
Work for the Saskatoon Zoo Society this summer!
The Saskatoon Zoo Society is potentially looking for up to 2 summer interpreters to work with our education programs in May and June and then work as a camp counsellor for July and August. This job requires experience working with children. Experience working with children in a camp setting or within a school setting (even if volunteer) is a huge asset. These positions start on Monday, May 9th and run until Friday, August 26th. These positions are potentially grant-funded and, therefore, a few stipulations apply, so please read below carefully before applying:
- You must be registered in a post-secondary school full-time for the 2016-2017 school year.
- You must have been registered and attended school full-time in the 2015-2016 school year.
- You must be between 15 and 30 years of age (due to the early start date of this position, high school students are unable to apply)
- You must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Foreign students are not eligible)
- You must be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
- You must be available Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Two overnight shifts are required (one on Thursday, July 21st and one on Thursday, August 18th). One Sunday shift (July 17th) is also a requirement. All other weekends and statutory holidays are yours to enjoy!
- As these positions may be grant funded, we do not allow for holiday time off during the work contract (May 9th-Aug. 26th)
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO email@example.com attention: Kathleen.
Deadline for resumes is April 11th, 2016. Interviews will start immediately following the deadline. These two positions are pending grant funding.
There will also be job openings at the front gate parking booth, the gift shop, the concession and the zoo train. You may also submit a resume for these positions to the same email address. Please put which job you wish to apply for in the subject line (summer interpreter, Parking booth, concession, gift shop or zoo train)