Executive Director Position
Application period is now closed. The Saskatoon Zoo Society has an opportunity for an Executive Director to join our team. This role is permanent, part-time (.75 FTE).
Who We Are
The Saskatoon Zoo Society is a volunteer-driven, non-profit, environmental education organization, dedicated to fostering respect for nature. Each year the staff and volunteers of the Saskatoon Zoo Society conduct over 500 education programs and special events.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to and receiving direction from the SZS Board, the Executive Director (ED) operationalizes the strategic objectives and decisions of the SZS. The ED provides vision, leadership, and sound managerial skills to enable SZS to meet its goals of providing education programming in Saskatchewan.
The Executive Director shall carry out the day to day operations of the Saskatoon Zoo Society and shall be responsible for:
• Ensuring the proper and legal conduct of the business of the SZS according to the policies established by the Board.
• Providing leadership to SZS staff including professional development, performance coaching, goal setting and annual performance reviews.
• Working with the Board and carry out SZS mandates including attending Board meetings and reporting on matters relating to SZS programs, personnel, finances and facilities.
• Developing, in consultation with staff, annual goals and objectives for SZS for submission to the
• Developing, implementing and monitoring fundraising strategies for the SZS that meet objectives
as outlined in the strategic plan.
• Developing, implementing and sustaining a marketing plan which focuses on building SZS brand
and extending outreach.
• Approving the social media presence (Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook) for the Saskatoon Zoo
Society and Buckeye Café.
Who You Are
You are an experienced professional who is passionate about the non-profit sector and delivering high quality educational programs across Saskatchewan. You will have:
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Experience working in community-based organizations is an asset
• Ability to establish effective, positive working relationships both internally & externally
• Self-motivated and energetic
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop, and to foster a culture of teamwork.
If this opportunity speaks to you, we invite you to apply by August 20, 2021. Please use the form below to apply.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.